Monday, July 14, 2014

Musing Monday. One Hell of a Bargain


Hosted by Should be Reading

Okay, so I'm writing this almost a week early because I need to share something with you all (even though I won't publish it until Monday). Today, after a slightly disappointing trip to my local library, I stopped at the thrift store in my town. I've been meaning to drop in to see what their book collection looks like, but since their hours are reduced during the summer I didn't manage to go until today.

And oh my God.

They had a fair amount of books, but what shocked me was this: you could buy any 3 paperback books for $1. I managed to get 5 paperbacks in great condition for $1.74 including tax. I was stunned by the low prices (and also that they had 3 identical copies of Twilight for sale. Guess everyone's donating that.)

Oh, you ask, what did I get? Well let me tell you:

The Final Warning by James Patterson
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

-Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment