Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday. Top Ten Books I'm Not So Sure If I Want to Read


Sorry we haven't published in forever. it's Stella's turn to publish a review, so hang in there guys! This is written by yours truly, Claire. Here are my top ten books I'm not so sure I want to read.

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)   Allegiant (Divergent, #3)   Four: A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4)
1-3. Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four by Veronica Roth
I read Divergent a while back, and sort of liked it, but I'm not sure if it's really worth reading the sequel, "Insurgent." Also, I know how the series ends (it was an accident! I'm so sorry...), and I'm not sure I really feel like putting in the effort to get there. I may read it if the next movie comes out, since I'll probably want to see that. Same for "Allegiant" and "Four," the final books in the series.

Goldfinger
4. Goldfinger by Ian Fleming
I have been half-done with this book since June. I want to accept that I am just not going to finish this in the near future, but I'm in denial. Maybe I'll return to it in a few years.

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride, #3)
5. Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson
I have read the first two books in the Maximum Ride series, and I own the fourth one (it was 33 cents at a thrift store), but I don't really want to read the third book in the series. I loved the first book, but the second one sort of fell flat, and I heard the series goes downhill from there.

The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)
6. The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
I read the first 80% of the Hobbit, and should probably go back and finish it, but I really just have no urge to read any of the Lord of the Rings books. Sorry.

The War of the Worlds
7. War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
I tried to read this book about a year ago with my father, but it failed to gain my interest. That'll probably be the end of this classic sci-fi novel for me. I feel sort of bad about it, but not bad enough to go read it in the near future.

The Chronicles of Narnia (Chronicles of Narnia, #1-7)
8. The Rest of the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
I had a collection of all the books when I was a kid, but I only got around to the first 3 or 4. "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" was the only one I really liked (probably since I loved the movie), and the chances of me finishing the series is slim at best.

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
9. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
This book is so gross that it needs no explanation.

The Casual Vacancy
10. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
This goes for the rest of J.K.'s books as well, I suppose. Harry Potter shaped my childhood, and I'm not sure how I'll like adult novels by Rowling. I feel like I'd be biased since they're not set in Hogwarts, and plus I don't like most adult novels (I prefer young adult since that's what I am.) I know this is on a lot of other lists for similar reasons, so I hope you agree with me.

Think any of these books deserve a chance? Comment below.

-Claire

2 comments:

  1. I can totally get LOTR and Chronicles of Narnia. LOTR is a difficult read and that makes it kinda difficult to fully enjoy. I'm trying to read CoN but they are only so-so for me. I think if I had read them as a kid of would have enjoyed them more.
    I haven't read Allegiant (I also got a spoiler) or Four yet but I thought Insurgent was AMAZING!!! I liked it much better than the first book although many people disagree with me.
    Here's my TTT: http://betweenyabookends.blogspot.com/2014/08/top-five-books-im-not-sure-i-want-to.html

    ReplyDelete