Friday, October 24, 2014

Claire's October Book Haul

Hello! This month I went to the bookstore, which I rarely do, so I decided to do a haul. Then I realized even with my buys I didn't have so many books to flaunt, so this list will also include my library books, free Kindle downloads, and books for school.


Book Store
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)   The Host (The Host, #1)   The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)
I am now about 2/3 of the way through Throne of Glass, and although I accidently spoiled part of the ending for myself, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all wraps up. As of now, I'm planning to read the next book in the series very soon. I bought The Host because it was over half-off at my bookstore, so I picked it up. I plan to read it eventually. The Blood of Olympus, and I loved it. I'm so sad it's the last book in the series. Read my review here.

Library / School
If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)   The Big Book of Spy Stuff   Slaughterhouse-Five
To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)   The Coldest Girl in Coldtown   Speak
I am done reading If I Stay, which was a very nice and touching book. I just wish it was a bit longer. I'm looking forward to see the movie! I read a little bit of The Big Book of Spy Stuff, and read a couple pages of Slaughter-House Five, but I got distracted and put it down. I hope to pick up To All the Boys I've Loved Before and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown very soon, as they're both books I've wanted to read for a while now. I also read Speak in school during the past month.

Kindle
The Fire Seekers   Wild-born (Psionic Pentalogy, #1)   Graveyard Shift (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. #1)
Girl on a Wire   Zombicorns (Zombicorns, #1)
Both The Fire Seekers and Girl on the Wire I got free throught the Kindle First program (which is amazing). Wild-born and Graveyard Shift are two books that also came free on the Kindle, but they're free to everyone. They both sound super cool and got some nice reviews, so I hope they won't disappoint. Zombicorns is a novella from the magnificent John Green, which I got free through goodreads. I'm so happy that I got these 5 wonderful reads without paying a dime!

What books should I look into getting next time?
-Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment