Saturday, December 3, 2016

Next Up On Base 3. December 2016


Haven't done this in a while, but I have 3 books I feel I really want to finish this December, so here they are!

(Also, update on my annual reading challenge: I set out to read 52 books, and I am not doing very well on that one, let me tell you...)

16002055   283853   21873689

1. John Dies at the End
by David Wong
Synopsis (via goodreads): My name is David Wong. My best friend is John. Those names are fake. You might want to change yours.
You may not want to know about the things you'll read on these pages, about the sauce, about Korrok, about the invasion, and the future. But it's too late. You touched the book. You're in the game. You're under the eye.
The only defense is knowledge. You need to read John Dies at the End, to the end. Even the part with the bratwurst. Why? You just have to trust me.
The important thing is this:
The drug is called Soy Sauce and it gives users a window into another dimension.
John and I never had the chance to say no.
You still do.
Why I Want to Read It: I'm a hundred pages into it right now, and I am really enjoying it! Odds are, I'll have no trouble finishing it this week.

2. Scandals, Vandals, and da Vincis: A Gallery of Remarkable Art Tales
by Harvey Rachlin
Synopsis (via goodreads): The secret histories of the world’s most famous masterpieces Caravaggios, Rembrandts, Monets—the works of immortal artists such as these are indelibly imprinted in the public mind; they are priceless masterpieces whose beauty, artistry, and emotional impact have inspired admiration, awe, and envy through the centuries. Yet behind many of these brilliant paintings and sculptures are fascinating, unique histories. In Scandals, Vandals, and da Vincis, award-winning writer Harvey Rachlin relates in exciting detail how nearly thirty of these works came to be created and how they survived burglary, forgery, revolutions, ransoms, vandals, scandals, religious sects, and shipwrecks to eventually come to their current resting places
Why I Want to Read It: Another book I'm halfway through reading, and although I'm not super enjoying it, I do want to finish it.

3. the three o'clock in the morning sessions
by Angie Martin
Synopsis (via goodreads): "the three o'clock in the morning sessions" is a poetry collection of works written over the span of almost fifteen years. This book also contains two short stories, "the door" and "brief love". All of the works deal with lost love or almost loves.
Why I Want to Read It: Oh look! Another book I'm halfway through reading (The only reason I'm not done yet is because I LOST MY COPY).

- Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment